Many of our community’s most pressing needs affect heads-of-households and other adults, and sometimes, it feels like they face these problems alone. Association House offers help through a wide range of other community services, from adult education and employment services to emergency food assistance. Many of these services are integrated with our Family Literacy program to ensure parents can participate in classes while their children have a safe place to learn and socialize. For more information: Class orientations are held in English and Spanish each Friday at 10:00 am in the 5th floor computer lab.
Education at every level, from literacy tutoring to college preparation – all with built-in computer and technology learning.
Assistance with applications for public benefits and referrals to housing, child care and other support services.
Emergency food for those in need; we distribute emergency food boxes.
For more information or to enroll please call (773) 276-0084.
Our technology Lab provides open lab hours as well as basic and advanced computer classes:
- Technology Training courses empower community residents with basic skill sets necessary to operate a computer for personal use; or to prepare for employment in an office setting.
- Open Lab Hours:
- Monday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Friday (Job Club & Resume Workshop): 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Resume/Computer help in Spanish will take place during every Friday from 10:00 – 2:00 PM. We cannot guarantee the presence of a Spanish speaker during the other days of the week.
- No appointment necessary
- Please be advised that documents cannot be printed until after 11:00 AM Monday – Thursday and there is a limit of 10 pages per person.
Income Support Services
Our Income Support services provided to individuals and families include:
- Food Pantry to provide emergency food distribution
- Government Benefits Assistance to help participants access public benefits such as food stamps, medical services, TANF, dependent benefits, utility and cell phone subsidies, and senior/disabled benefits.
For more information regarding support services and referral, call 773-276-0084.
Our Adult Education classes and services provide career-oriented assistance:
- Vocational Bridge Academy/Adult Basic Education GED Program
- Family Literacy and Temporary Child Care
- Reading Level I, II, III, & Math
For information regarding enrollment in classes and support services, call 773-276-0084.