Development Clerk (Part-time,12 Hours/Week)
About the Role
The Development Clerk supports essential functions of Association House’s Development team, working closely with the Donor Experience Manager to implement individual donor recognition practices. The Clerk also performs clerical and general office duties.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
A. DONOR RECOGNITION AND ENGAGEMENT (80%)
1. Maintains accurate and up-to-date donor and fundraiser records.
2. Coordinates with Accounting to ensure timely completion of donation deposit forms.
3. Completes individual donor record filing and maintains filing system in an organized manner.
4. Creates and mails meaningful acknowledgement letters and donor touchpoint pieces.
5. Assists with direct-mail solicitations and other campaigns.
6. Assists with donor impact collateral printing, assembling and mailing.
7. Assists in Department fundraising campaigns and events.
B. DOCUMENTATION AND ADMINISTRATION (20%)
1. Generates check requests.
2. Orders office supplies and other items.
3. Generates needed queries and reports from Raiser’s Edge Database.
4. Reports database issues to the Supervisor.
5. Other related duties as assigned.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
1. Attends a minimum of 2 hours of training annually related to position.
2. Accepts feedback from supervisor and makes improvements as needed.
3. Maintains knowledge of current job-related requirements.
1. Ability to learn and master basic computer software (Word, Excel, and other Office applications), and to check own work for errors to produce neat, accurate documents in a timely manner.
2. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to ask for assistance in difficult circumstances or with work projects that are unclear.
4. Ability to follow instructions and prioritize work projects.
High school diploma or GED.
At least 1 year of office setting experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Association House of Chicago does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital status, pregnancy, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service and any other classification protected by local, State, or Federal law.
Please email Yvonne Rodriguez, Human Resources Coordinator with your resume and cover letter directly at email@example.com.