This website is not monitored. If you are in crisis and need assistance:
- Call your doctor’s office.
- Call 911 for emergency services.
- Call the toll-free, 24-hour hotline of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) to be connected to a trained counselor at a suicide crisis center nearest you.
We know that health care doesn’t begin and end with a trip to the hospital or a visit to the doctor. That’s why Association House provides the community with services for each step along the way, including education, prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation programs, in English and Spanish.
Our team is made up of licensed therapists, psychiatrists, certified substance abuse counselors, community support specialists, and nurses. Our services are designed for people facing various challenges at different points in life, whether they are children with emotional or mental health issues, adults with substance abuse and addiction problems, or families in need of support. Most of our programs are covered by Medicaid.
Mental Health Services
Mental health and psychiatric services for those in need, which can address unique problems with different solutions, from counseling, to therapeutic case management, to 24-hour supervised residential living, to rehabilitation. We are also one of only six organizations selected by the State of Illinois to provide preventive children’s mental health services and are a certified Mental Health First Aid training provider. We offer Integrated Health Services targeting a variety of physical health and mental health needs. Our Mental Health services include:
- Pre-Admission Screening
- Integrated Community Services (placement by referral only)
- Targeted Case Management (placement by referral only)
- Transition to Community Living (placement by DHS referral only)
- 24-hour Supervised Residential (placement by referral only)
- Intensive Community Support
- Case Management
- Psycho-Social Rehabilitation (Download our 2015 PSR Brochure [PDF])
- ACT – Assertive Community Treatment
- CST – Community Support Team
- IPS – Individual Placement and Support
Mental Health Counseling
Our Mental Health Counseling services include:
- Children & Family Counseling
- Adult Mental Health Counseling
- STEP-UP Children Mental Health Prevention
- School Based Services (placement by referral only)
- Youth and Young Adult Re-entry Services
- MHJJ – Mental Health Juvenile Justice
Substance Abuse Counseling
Substance abuse prevention and treatment, whether that requires community intervention, outpatient treatment, or DUI evaluation, risk education, and counseling. Our Substance Abuse Counseling services include:
- Level I & II Outpatient Treatment
- DUI Risk Education
- DUI Evaluations
- DUI RE-Evaluations
- Early Intervention
Specialized care for persons with developmental disabilities, with assistance in many forms, including life skills and developmental training, short-term, at-home respite care for family members, or placement in a Community Integrated Living Arrangement residence. Our Developmental Disabilities services include:
- Life Skills Education/Developmental Training I (placement by referral only)
- Home Based Support (placement by referral only)
- Respite Care (placement by referral only)
- Residential CILA (placement by referral only)
- Service Facilitation
The Integrated Health Program offers free bilingual, primary and psychiatric care for participants with mental illness, developmental disabilities or co-occurring disorders. Our client-centered, recovery-oriented care model is culturally competent, and it is an effective treatment model that reduces stigma. Patients have access to a bilingual 24-hour crisis hotline, nurses, two board-certified psychiatrists, a primary care physician, and clinical staff who collaborate to create and implement an action plan for patients’ holistic wellness.
For more information about Behavioral Health Services, please call (773) 772-8009.