Association House of Chicago serves a multi-cultural community by providing comprehensive, collaborative and effective programs in English and Spanish to promote health and wellness and create opportunities for educational and economic advancement.
These bilingual programs, conducted by seasoned staff in a caring, welcoming environment, give motivated participants a cohesive safety net to turn to throughout their life.
We offer programs and services locally and city-wide to a multicultural, mostly Latino and African-American, population. Association House provides immediate assistance and helps participants gain independence through five service areas:
- Community Services include career-oriented education and training, employment programs, and emergency services.
- Child Welfare provides prevention and intervention, and finds loving homes for children through guardianship and adoption.
- Behavioral Health offers prevention, treatment and education for children, youth and adults facing emotional and mental health issues.
- Prevention and Educational Development address the persistent physical, social, and emotional well-being needs in the community.
- The Association House High School (formerly El Cuarto Año) alternative high school in Humboldt Park offers a competitive academic environment, tutoring and mentoring.