We understand the challenges in our community. Health care, family, education, employment; trying to find the time and guidance to address every part of life can seem impossible. Association House makes it possible, all in one place — a place where the staff speaks your language and helps you meet your goals by providing wrap-around services for social, educational, and health programs. We offer our community a unique blend of services, and do it with a warm, family-like atmosphere.
- Most of our services are at no cost to the participant. We provide services to meet immediate and long-term goals. Our professionals are available to refer those in need to our programs or make outside referrals.
- We are fully bilingual. Serving a multicultural community means providing multilingual personnel; 70% of our staff speaks Spanish.
- We help the whole family. We serve every demographic and age group, from children and young adults to working parents and older persons.
Since 1899, Association House has worked with Chicagoans who seek tools to lead more productive lives. It is one of the oldest “settlement houses” in Chicago originally designed to provide relief and guidance to new immigrants. Today, Association House is a vital resource to under-served, multicultural communities, providing collaborative programs in English and Spanish. We promote health and wellness, educational advancement, and economic empowerment. With a staff of over 200 professionals, Association House impacts the lives of nearly 20,000 children, individuals and families each year in the neighborhoods of Humboldt Park, West Town, Logan Square, Avondale, Hermosa, and beyond. We both address immediate needs and plan for long-term goals with services such as:
- Community Services include career-oriented education and training, employment programs, and emergency services.
- Child Welfare provides prevention and intervention, and finds loving homes for children through guardianship and adoption.
- Behavioral Health offers prevention, treatment and education for children, youth and adults facing emotional and mental health issues.
- Prevention & Educational Development addresses the persistent physical, social, and emotional well-being needs in the community.
- The Association House High School (Formerly El Cuarto Año High School) alternative high school offers a competitive academic environment, tutoring and mentoring.
- And other services
These bilingual programs, conducted by seasoned staff in a caring, welcoming environment, give motivated participants a cohesive safety net to turn to throughout their life. Read more about our mission and values.
To learn more about any of Association House’s services, simply call or visit us. Our staff is happy to answer all of your questions. We are also always looking for new volunteers and donors – contact us to find out how you can help your community.
1116 North Kedzie Avenue, Chicago, IL 60651